Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

THE POPE PRAYS FOR THE PRESIDENT OF ARGENTINA


Vatican City, 9 October 2013 (VIS) – Pope Francis has sent a telegram to the president of Argentina, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, who underwent an operation in Buenos Aires yesterday for the drainage of a right-side subdural haematoma, a blood clot on the surface of the brain. We publish the full text of the telegram below:

Cristina,

In this very particular moment, I wish to ensure my presence through prayer for you, and for the full restoration of your health. Through these words, I ask that you be aware of my presence. I assure my prayers and closeness. I ask the Virgin Mary, Our Lady of Lujan, to bestow strength upon you, to keep your hopes high and to ensure that you can once again return to your daily responsibilities. I also remember your relatives, in these harsh circumstances, as well as the attending medical staff, and ask the Lord to cast His light upon their decisions.

May Jesus bless you and may the Virgin watch over you.

Cordially, Francis PP”.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service